Wednesday, May 26, 2010


Maybe lot of you don't know I left San Diego Jan 1990 on a 41 DeFever Trawler and with my wife at the time for a four year cruise. We came back and lot of things happen in the 19 years I did not go cruising but in 2005, November I left again this time with my brother nad his wife Alice. How many miles have I traveled in those years a lot.

I was coming back from Puerto Escondido just passing San Jaunico, I was heading to meet up with my brother in Conception Bay. All of a sudden there was this bird that landed on my bow!! then this bird turns and looks at me for a few seconds and flies off. The reason I am telling this story is that I have cruised from 1990 to 2010 off and on and never have I had a bird land on my boat while I am traveling. Maybe because of Ace he keeps the birds and anyone else off the boat. When the bird turned to look at me I took this picture.

2 comments:

  1. May you have many more hitch hikers, Barry- this was a pretty full-breasted one, even!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you left in 1990. It was exciting to here from you as you traveled half way around the world -- well maybe not half way around the world, but it sure seemed like it from your adventures. I look forward to seeing you soon.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete