Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kayaking and having fun in Puerto Don Juan
















































Bill and I decided to get our Kayaks off the boat and get some exercise. We found a shrimp boat that had went a ground. We then went into another little cove that had another Shrimp boat on the hard and also cut in half.





I decided to take my under water camera and get some pictures from the Kayaks and have some fun. Bill had a bottle of wine and we headed for the grounded Shrimp boat. When we headed for the beach we saw hundreds of Sting Ray. We were told it was the mating season for the Sting Rays and they were everywhere and when they are mating they swim high or low in the water. Most of the time they are in the sand hiding and that is why they call wading into the beach the Sting Ray Shuffle.






I decided this would be a good picture for my blog so Bill and I went Sting Ray hunting with a camera. After about 60 picture's I think I have two I can use in this blog, it is very hard to get a picture, those big Sting Rays are fast.




I had to put in some pictures of what we live for when we are cruising. This sunset is one of the best I have seen. Bill and I were raised in the Coachella Valley right in the middle of the desert. We see the beauty of the baren mountains.




I have been asked to showa picture of our boats while we travel and I have one shot from the beach in Don Juan from where the grounded Shrimp boat is setting.















2 comments: