Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kelowna Canada, Taylor & Kendall's Wedding!!!































































































































































































































My bags were packed and my old Dodge Truck and Ace were ready for the 1750 mile trip to Kelowna Canada. I was so excited to go back to Kelowna and see all my very good friends. I was invited to Taylor & Kendall's wedding and I know it will be a great time, what ever the Schaeffer's & Lyttons are planing, I knew this one wedding I would not miss. Yes my waist line will get a little bigger then it is already. David & Cheryl invited me to a get together at there house and I being the nice man I am how could I decline, knowing it would be great!! Pizza was served from Domino's Pizza. Taylor & Kendall worked at Domino's during the summer and I think that is where they both met. Taylor is going to college and Kendall is a school teacher. I bet she is correcting all my mistakes. What makes a get together great at the Lytton house you never know what is going to happen. First thing Gord Schaeffer came with his Accordion he is the best, then he starts singing and what a great time. The second thing Cheryl garb's me to dance. Well I am not the best dancer (about good as I write) she was trying to get people up and dancing and the gentleman I am I had to dance. One thing I have learned from being at the Lytton's for special occasion if you go away hungry, dry from nothing to drink? It is totally your fault.

I have been to a lot of weddings. I think all the bride's look beautiful but Kendall looked so beautiful walking down into the apple orchard with her dad. I think every bride & groom wants to have that certain setting they will never forget and Taylor & Kendall sure picked the best place ever, a Chapel down in the middle of a Apple Orchard. The valley was green with grass and the walk down was a beautiful sun shining day.


The reception was held at Kelowna Golf & Country Club. I had been here a few times before, it is the most beautiful golf coarse you ever seen. The trees are so big and thick you wonder how they can hit a golf ball anywhere. I think I could just climb under one of those big tree's and go take a nap. I seen Kelowna Golf & Country Club back in December of 2008 and I think it was the most beautiful golf coarse I have ever seen. Snow everywhere, maybe because this was my first White Christmas that made it so much more beautiful.


Some how I was up at the front table, setting by the long table where the bride and groom set with there best man and everyone in the wedding party. Everyone started there toast with jest, I got the idea from Taylor's best buddies they were giving him a roast and it was very funny but most of all they really like Taylor and it was all in love and caring. As brothers always feel he is losing a brother, he really is gaining a sister. Spencer gave a great toast with feelings a brother will have. Cheryl being the great mom she is came up and said a few words and made another toast. Then Taylor & Kendall had there first dance. I even got my picture taken with them. The music went into the night. As I set there I was thinking I am leaving to go back to Rocky Point Via a lot of stops but this stop I wish was much longer.

I have to tell you the Schaeffer and Lytton families spoil me. Gord took off work to take me out in Wayne and his brand new boat on that beautiful 90 mile lake and what a great time. What a nice boat. I had decided to stay at my favorite motel the Accent Inn and Wayne Schaeffer said that was not going to happen, so Wayne put me up in his down stairs living room and I know he was glad to see me leave!!! since he is allergic to dog hair and I had Ace along. I can't forget my friend Janice. Janice made reservations at the Minstrel Inn my favorite place to eat. Best Lamb Shanks you ever ate. She bought the tickets for the entertainment for Wayne and I and it was a great evening and lots of fun.

As I left Kelowna and crossing that new long bridge I was thinking, maybe I will be invited back next year for another wedding? Spencer? Wayne? maybe some neighbor I have not met? if Cheryl & David are involved it will be great!! throw in the Scheaffer family I will just have to sneak into as a old lost cousin. Thank you everyone making my trip to Kelowna so much fun, one I will never forget. Then I thought, my Canadian Family just got bigger. I like to think everyone involved in the wedding for making me part of it. I like to think Cheryl & David for letting me share there personal life and Gord & June taking the time for a visit in a very busy time. Wayne, not only did he let me and Ace stay at his house, Wayne bought me a heater to go on my flybridge on my boat to stay warm while I play cribbage. The most important thing I want to say "Taylor & Kendall, I wish you a happy life".














































































3 comments:

  1. Hello Dad,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I especially liked the poem. I didn't know you were a poet. I hope to see more.
    Enjoy,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! nice post, I got married in one of the San Francisco wedding venues that looks so much like this place. This post just made me nostalgic. It has been 6 years now and it still feels new. Anyways, congratulations to the stunning couple. They look adorable together.

    ReplyDelete