Thursday, November 18, 2010

OMAHA NE.Old Market






































I think everyone has seen the movie "Up In The Air" Omaha NE. and I had to go see a good friend of mine in Omaha. I have heard Naomi telling me how great it is. How relaxing, food and wine and the people were the best. I have to tell you she was right. I left feeling like I was a part of Old Town.



Old Market is a great town and I wrote a Poem about Old Market and I hope you like it.






Howard & Old Market


As I walk the streets of Old Market, you can see the old weather torn building, time

has bought out the character of the good times, the bad times are only a memory but the good times still roll on at Howard and Old Market.

The streets of Old Market are made of brick, the brick that were laid many years ago in the hussle & bussle of the growth and success of the city. Market never lost its heart of the town, great people, great food and for sure the best wine money can buy. Walking the

streets of brick, I see everyone is just relaxing and enjoying life, people walking there dogs and

stopping to say good morning as they travel the streets of Howrd & Old Market.

Walking the streets of of Old Market you will see people setting in patio's drinking a glass of wine and sharing cheese and meats from the deli, enjoying the conversation with the ladies they are with. The sun is bright and the air is fresh and the sound of horse pulling the cart

slowly past my favorite Bistro on Howard & Old Market.

As I look into the heavens the sky is so blue, so quiet and calm. In my dreams I walk hand and hand with the lady of my dreams. she walks me down by the river and then

on to the green rolling hills with the paths that go to no where. It seems all the roads lead to

Howard and Old Market, as we walk hand and hand there is smile on her face, I can see in her eyes she has arrived back home, people talking and sharing a glass of wine on Howard & Old Market.

Old Market is a live with all kind of business but no one is in a hurry, you find the owners setting in there favorite chair on the streets of Old Market waiting to help you or just visit with the people passing by. They know your special and someone is special is worth talking to on the streets of Howard and Old Market.

As I set drinking my favorite glass of wine, I know I don't want to leave, I just want to

set in my favorite place and enjoy one more glass of wine. Seems to me everyone knows everyone, smiles, great conversation and sharing very good wine.The conversation are the topic of the day and everyone that walks by on the brick streets

are greeted and invited for a great glass of wine on Howard & Old Market.

As I set at my favorite Bistro on Howard & Old Market I am sad that my time has gone.

I walk through La Buvette looking at the old bar, the walls have aged just like the people

setting and enjoying there afternoon glass of wine, ageing with the charactor, as all the people I met on Howard & Old Market.

Sad but happy I set at the airport and thinking of Old Market and the people that made my life a blessing. I wonder if they are setting on the patio having a glass of wine and talking about me, the topic of the day, eating there cheese, drinking there favorite wine. As I was walking to my gate I was thinking of those old walls, those every old creaky floors if they could talk what would they be saying? Everyone is friendly and eveyone has a smile on there face but you will come back to share another story and a glass of wine at the your favorite place on Howard & Old Market.

















No comments:

Post a Comment